Beach water quality monitoring and strong pollution prevention measures are critical for protecting beachgoers at coastal beaches, estuaries, streams, rivers, and lakes from waterborne diseases. Monitoring is performed by public health agencies, publicly owned sewage treatment plants, other dischargers, environmental groups, and numerous citizen-monitoring groups.
View Monitoring and Assessment Information
- Click on a county or;
- Select from the Show County info menu.
- Can I swim at my coastal beach?
- What are the current swimming advisories for my coastal beach?
- How do harmful algal blooms affect swimming safety?
- What are the long-term trends of bacteria at my coastal beach?
- Which beaches, lakes, and streams are listed by the State as impaired for swimming?
- How are we improving swimming safety?