California Estuary Monitoring Workgroup
Greater efficiency and effectiveness can be achieved through integration of existing estuary monitoring and assessment programs and coordination efforts, including the Interagency Ecological Program (IEP, since 1970), the San Francisco Bay Regional Monitoring Program (Bay RMP, since 1993) and an emerging Delta Regional Monitoring Program (Delta RMP). The Monitoring Council has identified the need for a California Estuaries portal and an underlying workgroup devoted to the health of California estuarine ecosystems.
The California Estuary Monitoring Workgroup will initially focus its efforts on California's largest and most important estuary, the San Francisco Bay-Delta, while maintaining a statewide estuary health perspective. The California Estuary Monitoring Workgroup, sponsored by the Monitoring Council, is tasked with identifying key questions to assess the ecological health of the San Francisco Bay-Delta Estuary, the data and methods available and needed to address the questions, and the methods to access, display, and work with the data and information through a new California Estuaries Portal, linked from the Are Our Aquatic Ecosystems Healthy? web page of the My Water Quality website. In the process of developing this portal, the workgroup will identify redundancies, data gaps and inefficiencies in the current monitoring activities and develop solutions for improvements and better data integration.
- December 17, 2014
- November 12, 2014
- September 10, 2014
- July 9, 2014
- May 14, 2014
- March 12, 2014
- January 8, 2014
- November 6, 2013
- September 17, 2013
- August 20, 2013
- July 23, 2013
- June 25, 2013
- May 21, 2013
- March 19, 2013
- January 22, 2013
- December 18, 2012
- July 6, 2011
- Overview of CA Water Quality Monitoring Council, Comprehensive Monitoring Program Strategy, and "My Water Quality" Portals - presentation by Jon Marshack
- Wetland Workgroup Structure and Portal - presentation by Meredith Williams
- Monitoring Council Letter to Delta Stewardship Council Regarding the Delta Plan
- Draft Wetland Workgroup Charter
- Monitoring Council Guidance to Workgroups and for Portal Development
- Estuary Portal Options and Opportunities - presentation by Amye Osti
- Framework for a Unified Monitoring, Assessment and Reporting Program (UMARP) for the Bay-Delta - presentation by Samuel Luoma
- Framework for a Unified Monitoring, Assessment and Reporting Program (UMARP) for the Bay-Delta, Draft Report last edited February 21,2011
- January 26, 2011
- July 6, 2011
- December 15, 2010
For additional information on the California Estuary Monitoring Workgroup, email Sarah Lesmeister.
Receive updates by email regarding activities of the Estuary Monitoring Workgroup. Subscribe online to the California Estuary Monitoring Workgroup email list.